CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Busy, busy, busy

We've all been super busy lately.  My grandma was rushed to the hospital last week due to kidney failure.  The prognosis wasn't good.  The doctors said that she'd have to be on dialisis three times a week for the rest of her life.  But the next day, her kidneys showed major improvement.  And she's still getting better by the day!  It's amazing!  My dad's always said that the DNA in his family is remarkable, and now I believe it!  My great grandma lived to be 102 years old.  My grandpa is 94 years old and still in pretty good shape.  My grandma will be 90 years old this year and she's the most independent person I know.  I'm so happy that she's getting better!


The day after my grandma went to the hospital, my mom went.  She's been suffering from cronic pancreatitis for several years.  She's been in and out of the hospital a hundred times.  About 6 months ago she had a feeding tube put in to hopefully help relieve some of the attacks.  And if she used the tube correctly, she'd probably be doing much better.  But, alas, my mother is like a child.  She stopped using the tube about 6 weeks after getting it.  So it's back to the long hospital stays.  I hate that!  I HATE tomaoes, but if the doctor told me that eating tomatoes would save my life, I'd be shitting red!  lol  I just don't understand how someone can be so pig headed!  

At the same time my mom and grandmother was in the hospital, my dad's long time friend was in getting his leg amputated.  He broke his ankle about a year ago, but it never got better.  It turned gang greene.  He was amputated just below the knee.  Then, 6 hours after the surgery, his doctor came in and said she had a dream that she did the surgery wrong, and she'd have to go in and do it again.  Something about cutting the bone wrong and if she left it that way it would sever his artery causing him to bleed out and die.  So they took him back in.  I smell lawsuit!  What kind of quack doctor does a surgery, goes home, takes a nap, have a DREAM about doing the surgery wrong, and open a patient back up because of a dream?  If guess he's doing better now.  My dad told him that he's going to bring over an eye patch and take him trick or treating this year!  lmao

Things for Kadie's party are starting to come together.  We've got decorations, invites in the mail, location, time, cake.  Now we just have to get her present.  We were going to get her the dancing Brobee, but we can't seem to find  him anywhere!  So if we can't find him, then we'll get her a little couch.  I think we'll get her a baseball glove also, because she absolutely loves baseball!  

We've also got a major ant problem.  We've been under attack for a few weeks, and I'm starting to think we're not going to win this fight.  They started the battle in our kitchen sink.  First it was just a few, then the numbers grew.  One morning I woke up and there were HUNDREDS in our sink!  Good news is, we won the Battle of the Sink.  But I noticed today that they've started two new battles.  I am currently fighting the Battle of the Stove, and the Battle of the Kitchen Table.  I WILL concure these assholes!  I WILL get my kitchen back!

Jake is doing much better in school, but now he's got a little problem with talking while the teacher's talking.  That's  much better than breaking rules, but I think I can deal with him doing a little talking.  I continue to tell him to be good in school and not to talk during class, but I think things have def calmed down now.  Jake's loving T-ball too!  I'm so glad!  He's doing so much better with T-ball than he was with football.  He's not as shy and much more willing to run his little heart out!  I'm so proud of him!

I'm off to find stamps.  I know we have them around here somewhere.  But where?  I have no idea!

0 comments: